7 December 2010, Kuala Lumpur – Tonight seven games are heading for a rapid/blitz chess game tie-breaker to decide the winners who will progress to the next round of the Women’s World Chess Championship 2010.
The seven pairings involved are shown below:-
First Tie-Breaker Results:-
Second Tie-Breaker Results (completed):-
The lucky six winning players that are through to the second round are:
1.GM Hoang Thanh Trang HUN 2473 – 1.5:0.5;
2. IM Dembo Yelena GRE 2454 – 1.5:0.5;
3. IM Paehtz Elisabeth GER 2474 – 2:0;
4. WGM Ruan Lufei CHN 2480 –1.5:0.5;
5. WGM Huang Qian CHN 2402 – 1.5:0.5;
6. Zhang Xiaowen CHN 2339 – 1.5:0.5;
For the last remaining seventh player slot, it is now being held a third rapid tie-breaker for IM Foisor, Cristina-Adela ROU 2403 against IM Skripchenko, Almira FRA 2460.
To see games via chess-bomb on Susan Polgar’s Daily Chess News blog, please visit this link:-
Or, at the official website:-
Live Games: 2010 WWCC Tie Breaks Round 1
* fireyrook's blog or click here.
* chess-in-malaysia's blog or click here.