Saturday, August 24, 2013

Kramnik outmaneuvres Korobov in Game 1, Round 5, Tromso World Cup 2013

V Kramnik vs A Korobov

24th August 2013, Kuala Lumpur - Here is the winning game by V Kramnik in round 5, game 1 against Korobov in the FIDE World Cup 2013 in Tromso, Norway.

The week-in-chess website reported that Vladimir Kramnik managed to beat Anton Korobov after five hours play in the only decisive game of the first day of the quarter-finals of the FIDE World Cup. Korobov was highly critical of his opening choice and "I was completely unprepared for the game, it was the wrong opening I think after move 15 I was nearly hopeless or immediately lost and it's a bad thing the torure last for five hours else I could just go home and prepare for my service with the white game. The position it was the wrong strategy at all, just to choose this with the isolated pawn he is very strong and he played very convincingly but then he gave me chances." Kramnik was happy to have won and with his early play but highly critical he didn't find an almost immediate win with 38...Qb4 and he even wondered if Korobov was close to a draw at one stage. "My play should be better." was his verdict.

Korabov vs V Kramnik G1 Rd 5 - World Cup 2013 Tromso

http://www.chessworldcup2013.com/live

No comments: