17 February 2012, Kuala Lumpur – Here is a new chess tournament organised by a new promoter, Eddy Fong. It will be held on the 17-18th March 2012 at DATCC, Kuala Lumpur.
New Nagas Standard Chess Tournament,
17th & 18th March 2012
@ Dato’ Arthur Tan Chess Centre, 4th Flr Kompleks Wilayah, Jalan Dang Wangi, Kuala Lumpur
Eligibility: Malaysians with a FIDE rating below 2200 or Malaysians without a FIDE rating.
Format: 7 Rounds Swiss System (The Swiss Manager pairing program shall be used).
Accelerated pairings shall be used for the first 2 or 3 rounds.
Time Control: 20 min with increment of 30 seconds per move for only the first 30 moves, plus a further 25 minutes each to the finish.
Entry fees: RM50 per participant
Prizes: Champion: RM300 4th Place: RM150 7th Place: RM70
2nd Place: RM250 5th Place: RM100 8th Place: RM60
3rd Place: RM200 6th Place: RM80 9th Place: RM50
10th – 15th Places: RM40 each
Tie-break: 1) No. of wins 2) Buchholz 3) SB
Prize money is shared if players are still tied after applying the above tie-breaks.
Schedule: Saturday (17 March) Sunday (18 March)
Late Registration: 8.30 am to 8.50 am
Players’ Briefing: 9.10 am
Round 1: 9.15 am – 11.15 am Round 5: 8.45 am – 10.45 am
Round 2: 11.30 am – 1.30 pm Round 6: 11.00 am – 1.00 pm
Round 3: 2.30 pm – 4.30 pm Round 7: 2.15 pm – 4.15 pm
Round 4: 4.45 pm – 6.45 pm Prize Giving: 4.30 pm
Ratings: 1) The results of this event shall be sent to MCF for National Rating; and
2) The results of this event shall be rated in a new Standard Chess Rating List that includes only results of events with time control of at least 60/G.
Game Scores: An event games database with up to the first 30 moves played at the first 10 boards of each round shall be provided (via email) free to each participant.
Registration: 1) Please pay the amount for entry fees to:
Maybank Account No: 108048265782 (Account Name: Fong Yit San),
and send details of your Full Name, Mykad/Mykid No., Email address, Handphone contact no. and an image of the bank pay-in slip to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14 March 2012 (closing date); OR
2) Submit the completed Registration Form and payment by hand to Eddy Fong, Fong Yit Ho or Fong Yit San who may be present at upcoming chess events.
The Organiser reserves the absolute right to reject or not to accept any entry.
Late registration (after 14 March 2012) shall be accepted at the absolute discretion of the Organiser subject to a penalty of RM10.
Enquiries: Please email email@example.com or call Eddy Fong at 016-6397535.
* FIDE Laws of Chess shall apply except where stated otherwise.
* Any player who fails to appear for his game within 10 minutes of the start of the game shall forfeit the game.
* A player, who, without informing the Arbiter before the pairing list for a round is posted, fails to turn up for that round or who forfeits a game shall be deemed to have withdrawn from the event.
* It is compulsory for each player to record the first 30 moves of each game.
* The Arbiter’s decision on any dispute or application of tournament rules is final.